ECAM Lyon is a top French graduate school of engineering founded on merit, scientific rigor and human values located in downtown Lyon in 1900. The school has 5 teaching and research departments (Automation and IT, Energy, Materials and Structures, Industrial Management, Social sciences and humanities) and offers 6 Master’s level programs in engineering:
ECAM Lyon invites applications for a permanent full-time Lecturer Position in Automation-discontinuous processes. The position will be attached to the Automation and IT Department.
The Automation and IT Teaching and Research department results from the close alliance between the computer science, automation, electronics and robotics fields. Through this alliance, the expectations and expertise required for the understanding and development of modern digital technologies are met.
The lecturer’s position includes core activities in teaching and research and additional activities related to the school’s development.
Adresse : ECAM – 40 montée Saint Barthélemy 69321 Lyon Cedex 05
- The successful candidate will teach courses mainly in automation, discontinuous processes including: combinational and sequential logic circuits (Grafcet, logic circuits…) Programmable logic controller.
- He/She will be in charge of organizing courses (lectures, tutorials, practical training,and supervision of industrial projects) in French and English.
- He/She will contributes to developing and implementing the robotics activities of the Automation and IT Department (industrial robotics,
pedagogical robotics and research).
- He/she will prepare course outlines based on approved syllabi, will prepare exams and assessments for assigned courses, will supervise tutorials, students’ practical training and internships.
Additionnal activities :
- In parallel with teaching activities, the successful candidate will manage projects carried out with industrial partners and participate in the R&D activities of the Department.
- The successful candidate will take part in ECAM Lyon’s communication and promotional activities with prospective students (Fairs, Open Doors events, Admission jury) and be involved in strategic committees related to ECAM Lyon’s core activities.
- Candidate must hold a Ph.D or Master’s degree in a relevant engineering field by the date of hire.
An advanced and updated knowledge of automation and discontinuous systems, more specifically in:
- API programming (ex API Siemens : software TIA Portal, WinCC, Step 7 ; Schneider Electric : SoMachine, Unity, Vijeo Designer, Webdesigner),
- Functional analysis of industrial applications and selection of components (API, sensors, actuators…)
- Control systems (via API)
- Industrial network systems (ex Modbus, Profibus, CANOpen) and supervision elements (IHM)
Knowledge in industrial robotics is an asset (ex Robot FANUC : Roboguide, IRVision). The successful candidate must be passionate about teaching, has strong and demonstrated scientific and collaboration skills to be involved in industrial R&D activities.
- Be fluent in French and English and be capable of teaching and working in a multi-cultural environment.